Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bobbles and bits

The daily grind is already starting to wear me down; and it's only January.

I set out on a mission to do something creative and relaxing; and nothing that remotely resembled work. I asked my friend Amber if she wanted to take a day to celebrate our January birthdays with a day of crafting.

Saturday came around and we went out to Queen West and found ourselves some beads and bobbles and bits and headed back to her place to do something totally different than what we spend the majority of our weeks doing.

This is one of the pieces that came out of our day:

I tried to do a macro shot with my kit lens (18-55mm) but it's not working. The features just aren't coming out sharp enough (and they should be, in a macro shot). I was in Av mode with a low aperture setting and an auto ISO (I should probably learn how to get those ratios right). I'm going to do some reading about macro shots...

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE your bobbles and bits!
    wait...that sounded wrong... kind of like our conversations on saturday... can't wait to do it again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's like ALL our conversations! we gotta do it again. i still need to complete that one necklace.

      Delete