Saturday, February 11, 2012

Parking lot mayhem

Ah. It's finally winter! I woke up to white on the rooftops, ground and cars. It's nice to have old man winter return. It's also Saturday morning and for once, it's quiet and I don't have plans. So I've decided to do something useful. Right after I snapped a photo of the snow that's still sitting around.
Prime 50 lens with low aperture and fast shutter speed (~1/1000).

I used to go with my mom for grocery shopping. It's just something I did when I was younger. I still do sometimes but I think as I've gotten older, it's become more and more a test of patience.

People get their license to drive on the road. They have to pass a test--several, in fact. And you'd think that's good enough. Afterall, driving is a privilege, not a right. Though, you'd think with the state of the public transit in this city, it should be.

Well, I strongly think (and would advocate) that they need a licensing system for buggy parking, driving and having children. Oh wait, the last one was just an outloud thought. Nix that thought (for now...).

It's as if without lines, rules outlined and directional arrows painted on the floors, people get creative; it's particularly frustrating at Costco. I don't know if it's because it's giant everything--including lanes and carts but I'll turn a corner and then get jammed because 5 people have decided to stop their cart in the middle of the lane and then disappear somewhere to get something. It makes me want to scream and cry, all at the same time. I usually don't have it in me, to push the carts aside so I have to turn around. And the worst is when the person standing with their cart gives you cut eye for making eye contact to ask to be excused as you try to squeeze by. As if it's a big effort to move to the side of the lane instead of standing in the middle of it. Really, people?

When you leave the comfort of your home, you have to interact with other people--at least while living in the city. So, why not make everyone's experience pleasant and be considerate of others by being aware of what you're doing?

I don't think any of this is a stretch of the imagination or even of one's physical capabilities. If someone like me can do this, so can everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the light in this photo! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! if there's one thing i've learned from snapping photos is that anything can look beautiful. you just got to catch it in the right light.

      Delete