Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Growing up is Still Awkward

I haven't been on here in a while and I'm way behind on my photo blog for 2012. It's time, everything is starting to coincide with everything else and I'm going to be running on a daily schedule very soon.

This week is going to be particularly rough. I usually get home to do some exercise and at this point, I don't think I'll be getting any all week. I've got a work related 2-day conference which I'm responsible to organize and coordinate. Then I have my french classes and my regular things. Good thing the Walking Dead finished yesterday. I just have to catch up on Vampire Diaries, Glee, Supernatural... and when the Game of Thrones start? oh god.

Today was a particularly rough day because I found out on Friday that the original reservations I have booked for this Thursday evening are... no good! I spent my spare time this evening working on trying to get a venue lined up on a small budget. Or so I thought!

When my other manager walked by and asked me what I was doing, I told him that I was under the impression that the budget was a LOT smaller than I thought we could do (and I wasn't frivolous to begin with, btw!) and when he looks at me,

he says, "think about what you'd expect on a date".

*crickets* I uh haven't been on a formal "date" for at least 4 years.

*more crickets* You... well, just think about what a normal date would constitute.

*mega crickets*

Maybe I'm a cheap date but I don't expect that a pricey date to equal a great time. I would like to think I place more emphasis on substance than cost. Apparently this isn't the way "adults" think. It seems that the cost is a big factor in how a date should run?? How sad! I'd rather have a relaxed fun time being entertained than having to entertain!

It's days like this that I think I still a kid or maybe that I'm just not where all these "big wigs" are at. And frankly? I don't think I care... I just don't like being caught off guard since the crickets can be really awkward...

No comments:

Post a Comment