Friday, August 7, 2015

Quick and Easy: Pizza

I have been shopping at the local farmers' market lately and I found this gluten-free round from Molly B. The suggestions include breakfast rounds and personal pizzas. I don't lead a gluten-free lifestyle (I love bread so much!) but I do try to avoid eating too much, so sometimes I'll get something "gluten-free", just to mix it up.

The instructions are SUPER easy and best of all, no defrosting needed.

  1. Pre-heat oven to 400-450F
  2. Put the frozen round on a cookie sheet
  3. Spread tomato/pizza sauce on each round
  4. Vegetables: I used, green peppers, red onions (lots!), garlic, tomato. You can add quite a bit if the round is not flimsy
  5. Fresh cracked pepper and oregano (or basil)
  6. Meat: 3-4 slices of spicy capicola, porcheta and sopresetta 
  7. Cheese: I had gotten sliced Finlandia Lappi cheese lying around so I used that


Pre-oven pizzas

Then I popped the whole she-bang into the oven for 10 minutes or until toppings are bubbly.

Finished product--'zza!!

The finished product was way better than I expected!! I will use more cheese next time and maybe even more toppings... I"m going to see what I should do, to "max it out" without falling apart :D

10 comments:

  1. Whelp it's 10am and I'm craving pizza now, so thanks for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe pizza is a complete food! it has all the food groups covered! :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks! each successive batch i make gets thicker and more topping heavy :D

      Delete
  3. That looks so good! I am really craving pizza now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! pizza is like the every-meal! breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

      Delete
  4. Looks really good! I am trying to reduce my gluten consumption too lately - though it is with mixed results. Sometimes a girl just needs to eat half a loaf of sourdough with butter, if you know what I mean. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i find it really challenging. not just because it's tasty, but because it's difficult to find if you go out to eat. and absolutely, sometimes you just gotta eat half a loaf of sourdough with butter. :D

      Delete
  5. This looks awesome! I am not surprised you wanted more cheese on it though.

    This recipe is so versatile. I think it would be great with BBQ sauce as a base too!

    Thanks for sharing :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! the following times i did it, there was WAY MORE cheese.. :D and not just one kind! and you could probably stick it in the bbq?

      Delete