Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Return from the Andes

I've returned from my 2 week trip to Peru. What a refreshing change!

I...
visited Lima, completed the 4 day hike through the Andean mountains, traipsed through the cloud forests, arrived at the mysterious site of Machu Picchu, got altitude sickness, got schooled by the porters who were carrying our stuff on the trail, ate alpaca and guinea pig (yum!), hugged a llama, learned some spanish, rode through the Tambopata River, slept in a jungle house, learned how the people of Nazca lived their lives in the desert and re-confirmed that I really don't like camping.

I've got +1000 photos and videos so I'll be putting together an appropriate album or video in a few weeks or so. In the meantime, I'll be posting entries of what I had done, my thoughts at the time (holy crap I'm huffing and puffing like a smoker!) and a few photos now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment